V55 Max Salicylic Acid Cream reviews say it works for acne, but can the ingredients cause side effects in some people?
Our V55 Max Double Strength review highlights how the product works, its ingredients, as well as potential side effects that may occur. We let you know if this salicylic acid cream for acne actually works.
What is V55 Cream Used For?
V55 Max double strength may help prevent clogged pores, eliminate bacteria, and remove dirt and oil from the skin.
You may expect spots to calm down a bit as the product can help with redness and inflammation.
Alcohol and tea tree oil are two ingredients which provide drying effects of the skin. Tea tree oil has been used for many centuries for skin issues such as cystic breakouts, psoriasis, and eczema.
Another potent ingredient in the cream which provides additional skin clearing effects is salicylic acid.
What is Salicylic Acid?
Salicylic acid is a main ingredient in many topical skin care creams because of it's ability to remove dirt and debris from pores and dries the skin our more quickly. It also helps reduce inflammation in existing blemishes as it is chemically similar to aspirin.
It is considered a beta hydroxy acid opposed to an alpha hydroxy acid as the "hydroxy" part is separated by two carbon atoms instead of one. In this form Salicylic acid because more oil soluble and is able to absorb into skin pores.
How Do You Use Salicylic Acid V55 Cream?
Many people ask this question and it’s quite simple! Just apply a small amount to your skin especially in the trouble areas.
Most people apply it before bed in order for the medicine to take effect without any interferences such as sweat, weather, or stress.
As the cream is thick you don’t want to apply too much as excess cream could have the opposite effect and clog pores rather than clear them.
Another tip worth mentioning is to spot test the cream before applying it to your face or other affected areas. Spot testing means applying a small amount to your forearm to see if you are allergic or experience any negative side effects.
What are the V55 Max Ingredients?
- Aqua- Water
- Cetearyl alcohol- A "good" type of alcohol which helps preserve the product and in small amounts will not irritate the skin.
- Glyceryl stearate- Gives lotions, creams, and sunscreens a smooth and soft texture when applied to the skin.
- PEG 100 stearate- Used primarily as an emollient and emulsifier which helps get rid of bacteria and dirt from the skin or hair.
- Glycerin- Helps increase moisture in the skin.
- Sulphur powder- Sulfur has been used for centuries for treating skin ailments such as acne.
- Paraffinum liquidum- A type of mineral oil and petroleum derivative that is used in skin care to soften and smooth the skin. It may clog pores and make acne worse.
- Salicylic acid- Effective for drying out excessive oil in the skin and kills bacteria in pores. This formula contains 2% Salicylic acid.
- Phenoxyethanol- A synthetic preservative with antioxidant properties added to maintain stability and stop bacteria from forming within the product.
- Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree Oil)- Works similarly to benzoyl peroxide and has astringent and anti-fungal properties.
- Xanthan Gum- A chemical made by fermentation which is added to foods as a gelling agent and thickener. It's a polysaccharide composed of glucose, mannose, and glucuronic acid.
- Imidazolidinyl Urea- Is a preservative added to products to keep them from forming bacteria, mold, and yeast. It is a formaldehyde releaser, but is considered "safe" by the FDA and is actually one of the most used preservatives in the world.
Due to its high water solubility, it can be incorporated into almost any beauty product. Although it is often used in conjunction with parabens, it is not a paraben and is FDA approved for use in baby lotion, skin cream, sunscreens, shampoos, eyeliners, blush, perfumes, deodorants, hair dyes, shaving cream, etc.
- Ethylhexylglycerin- Acts as a preservant in skin care products. It is classified as an irritant by European Union - Classification & Labelling.
- Limonene- A chemical found in the peels of citrus fruits which is used to make medicine, flavor gum and beverages, and in pharmaceuticals is used to help creams penetrate the skin.
Does V55 Max Cream Have Side Effects?
V55 double strength cream may be too powerful in some cases especially if you have already dry skin. This is because salicylic acid, alcohol, and tea tree oil have the ability to dry out the skin. This could lead to unwanted side effects and may feel uncomfortable.
The side effects below have been mentioned in v55 max reviews.
V55 Max Reviews from Amazon UK
There are always going to be customers who truly like a product and others who experienced side effects. Below is the top positive and top critical V55 Max review from Amazon UK.
“I am so pleased I tried this cream. I am in my late thirties and have had problem skin for the last couple of years and I have tried many things to clear it. V55 MAX has made the biggest improvement of anything I’ve tried and I hope it will continue to. The cream is not harsh or drying, I wash my face with sulphur soap then apply the cream morning and night and only use moisturiser where needed. I Highly recommend. ”
Sarah Broom | So Pleased I Tried This
Was not for me unfortunately, made my white heads on my chin slightly worse and more red. So maybe good to try but don’t keep your hopes up, everything I guess is hit and miss. Maybe try geting the one ingredient you need and not a cream with others added, it cloged my pores unfortunately. Don’t like giving a one but definitely not for my face
Teuta | Give it a Try But Did Not Work For Me
We find it strange that the top positive review was written with quotation marks as it seems like it was copied and pasted from elsewhere.
There are also no reviews stating that V55 was used as a salicylic acid body cream so we are unsure how effective it is for blemishes on the back and shoulders.
Where to Buy
The V55 Max salicylic acid cream can only be purchased in the UK from Amazon. It is not available in drug stores like Boots. What is great about Amazon UK is that if you are a Prime member you will receive your order in 2 business days with free shipping.
Using a clear skin supplement in conjunction with a topical can be beneficial. We recommend Blemless as it is available in the UK and Amazon Australia.
Pros & Cons
It’s important to compare the pros & cons of a product when making a decision to purchase it. Consider the warnings, side effects, price, and ingredients. We've listed some important pros & cons below.
-Claims to be paraben free
-Not too expensive
-May help oily skin
-Comedogenic (clogs pores)
-Contains questionable ingredients which may make acne and skin conditions worse
CONCLUSION: Does It Work?
We hope that this V55 Cream Review gives you insight into what the product contains and how it may affect your skin whether positively or negatively.
Salicylic acid products like V55 may be effective for some people as it may help remove dirt and oil which causes acne spots and pimples. On the other hand, this product does contain ingredients which have the ability to clog pores as well.
We think that it is a topical product which you may want to try in small amounts to judge its strength and effectiveness. Depending on your skin type this may be a good fit for you.
We also recommend taking a clear skin supplement in conjunction with a topical cream like V55 double strength. Our top pick is "Blemless" as it contains natural ingredients in minerals, vitamins, and one amino acid which aids in achieving a clear skin complexion.