The Estroblock reviews online explain how the product is beneficial for acne, but do the ingredients cause side effects?
What is Estroblock and How does it Work?
Estroblock may be beneficial for men and women who are experiencing an overload of estrogen in their bodies. Too much estrogen causes negative side effects which are detrimental to our health.
The way that estrogen is metabolized and detoxified from the body is a powerful factor in the development of cancer, autoimmune disorders, and inflammation like acne. Taking a DIM supplement while eating certain foods may promote estrogen detoxification.
SEE MORE: What is the Best Dim Supplement to Take?
Most testimonials mention how the product has helped their hormonal acne. Most of the reviewers are women and they use it when they experience side effects from PCOS, menopause, or menstruation.
The majority of critiques talk about how the product helped their acne even though the product is marketed for more than just breakouts.
Some people may also be using acne creams and other OTC products to help their breakouts so how effective Estroblock is specifically for pimples is unknown.
A bad review can be seen here:
Okay, I had to come back and give an update.....After using this for a little over a month, my skin just complete did a 180 and went crazy! I broke out on my chin and mouth area, the worst I've ever experienced! Even worse than why I began this in the first place! I discontinued using them and sure enough after about 2-3 days after stopping, yet skin started to calm down.
There aren't many before and after images online, but you can find a couple on their Amazon listing. Estroblock DIM reviews for weight loss can also be found on Amazon as some people say it has a slight effect on weight loss while others say it does nothing for weight loss.
You can not be sure how effective a product is for weight loss when you don't know the specific diet that someone is eating or the lifestyle that they are living as these are big factors that a play a role in losing weight.
BPM Estroblock Review
Many people mistakenly search for "BPM Estroblock Reviews" thinking that it is the same product and formulated by the same company as the one that you are reading about now.
The company BPM is a completely different company which actually sells a product called "EstroBlok" without the 'C' which can be confusing. EstroBlok by BPM Labs is not sold anymore on Amazon or other websites.
The Delgado Protocol for Health is the company who sells Estroblock along with other supplements for hormonal health.
What Are The Side Effects?
Taking too large of a dose or taking DIM when your estrogen is already low may cause side effects such as:
- Excess weight loss
- Hair loss
To ensure these negative reactions don't occur it's always a smart idea to speak with your doctor about your estrogen levels as well as any other medications or pills that could cause an interaction.
Women should not take Estro block during pregnancy or when trying to conceive because it alters necessary hormones.
We are not sure if this product helps dyshidrosis which is an eczema skin condition, but we have heard of one person saying it possibly helped.
- Vitamin E (as alpha Tocopheryl succinate): There is not much evidence, but it is proposed that Vitamin E may help with breast cancer and reducing estrogen. (1)
Vitamin E levels in the body are increased more quickly when applied topically than when taken orally. (2)
We believe Vitamin E for acne is better when applied to the skin than taken in supplement form and therefore we do not recommend it be taken orally.
- DIM (Diindolylmethane): DIM comes from the breakdown of the phytochemical Indole 3-Carbinol and helped individuals who have estrogen dominance which means an excessive amount of estrogen. DIM is also an aromatase inhibitor so it prevents the conversion of androgens like testosterone to estrogen.
- Indole-3-Carbinol: Indole is a phytochemical that when broken down in the body turns to DIM and is used for preventing cancer and has antioxidant effects as well.
I3C is equally an estrogen blocker and aromatase inhibitor since it transforms into DIM, blocks the activities of estrogen, and binds to the aromatase enzyme and keeps it from turning testosterone to estrogen.
- Sunflower Lecithin Powder: Provides support to our brain and nervous system. It contains Phosphatidylcholine which is a phospholipid that makes up the structure and protection of a cell.
We are unsure why this is added into this product as we could not find any studies showing it has an effect on estrogen in any way.
- Phosphatidylcholine (PC): Found in soybeans, eggs, and sunflower. It is used interchangeably with Lecithin, but they are different slightly in that Lecithin is made up of PC.
PEMT is the enzyme that is converted in the liver into PC. PEMT is important for the breakdown of estrogen but is also increased when there are higher levels of estrogen in order to produce enough choline for the body. Post-menopausal women and pre-menopasual women may both benefit from this.
While this may be a good supplement to take it is not effective at this dose as you would have to take roughly 20 of these pills to equal 1 daily dose of PC to effectively get results.
- Other ingredients: Vegetable Capsule, Rice Flour
Dosing & Directions
The serving size is 1 capsule taken two times daily. There are 60 servings per bottle which is a 30 day supply if you take 2 capsules per day.
Your specific needs and gender will determine how many you need per day. Generally males may need a larger dose as they are bigger than females.
Estroblock vs DIM
Estroblock’s formulation contains diindolylmethane among other ingredients which may help with estrogen balance.
There are benefits and disadvantages to taking a product that contains more than just DIM.
- It’s sometimes more expensive.
- The ingredients don’t always enhance the product.
- The results can be too strong where you get side effects.
Estroblock Pro or Estroblock Triple Strength is the triple strength version of the original formula. It also contains added ingredients such as Chrysin, D-Glucuronolactone, and Wasabi Root.
- Chrysin is a flavonoid and an inhibitor of aromatase. (3)
- We have personally tried this on its own and did not notice any noticeable effects.
- D-Glucuronolactone is a metabolite of Calcium-D-Glucarate and helps to detoxify the body of estrogen. It also helps to increase mood and energy.
- Calcium-D-Glucarate does also decrease testosterone and for a man this would not be beneficial. For some women this may be a good thing but for other women it could be bad depending on what their testosterone levels are. (4)
- Wasabi root is a cruciferous vegetable which contains phytonutrients, but there are no studies showing that wasabi lowers estrogen.
Estroblock Pro reviews for acne can also be found on Amazon. Some use it for pimples and weight loss.
SEE MORE: Calcium D-Glucarate Weight Loss Reviews
Can Estroblock Make Acne Worse?
Many people wonder if EstroBlock works for acne. A purging effect could occur which makes acne worse before it could get better.
In some cases customers have experienced more breakouts within the first few months of taking this supplement for acne.
Estroblock VS. Estrohalt
If you are looking for the best estrogen blocker for women and men then we suggest choosing Estrohalt over Estroblock. The table below shows a comparison of the products and why Estrohalt is superior.
$26.99. Free shipping on Amazon. Estrohalt in Australia and UK is also available.
Contains an essential fat in Flaxseed which helps the absorption of DIM and I3C.
Small round tablets which can be cut in half.
1 tablet per day. 60 servings per bottle.
$29.00 plus free shipping on Amazon. Estroblock Australia is also available from their site.
Contains unnecessary ingredients such as Vitamin E which is absorbed poorly when taken orally.
Capsules that can not be broken in half if the user feels it is too strong and causing side effects.
2 capsules per day. 30 servings per bottle.
EstroBlock vs DHT Block
DHT Block contains a proprietary blend containing DIM but the main ingredient is Vitamin E. Both men and women can take these products as well.
We believe DHT block is a more mild formulation although the effects may be similar.
Where Can You Buy Estroblock?
It can be purchased from Amazon US and in the UK, Australia, Canada, and Malaysia from different distributors which are provided on the company website. It is not available in stores like Whole Foods, CVS, or Walmart.
There are some websites selling it in Germany by searching Estroblock erfahrungen in Google.
If you live in the United Kingdom and are looking for the best dim supplement you can buy Estrohalt here.
Pros & Cons
- May help decrease cystic and moderate acne
- May aid in weight loss
- May help estrogen dominance
- May make breakouts worse
- May cause hair loss, headaches
- Capsules do not split in half which may cause increased side effects
- Expensively priced
- Contains unnecessary ingredients
CONCLUSION: Should You Buy Estroblock?
Over time we have decided we strongly discourage against this product. We personally recommend Estrohalt because it causes less side effects, has better absorption, and is more cost effective. It also contains dim plus other ingredients which is better reviewed on the internet.
What about Estroblock for acne? If you are looking for a product just for acne then we recommend taking a supplement that is specifically formulated for hormonal breakouts like Acne Tame. Acne Tame can also be taken in conjunction with Estrohalt which is our favorite stack for blocking estrogen and reducing moderate to cystic acne.
If you have any experience taking any estrogen blockers we would love to hear about your experience in the comment section below.