Keep it Clean 10% Sulphur Soap Review- Does it Actually Work?
Keep It Clean 10% sulphur soap helps remove dead skin cells, smoothes the skin, and eliminates dirt from pores. Besides the benefits, are there any side effects from sulphur?
Keep It Clean 10% sulfur soap.
What Does Sulphur Soap Do?
Sulphur is a powerful detoxifier and exfoliator. It has been used for thousands of years for many skin ailments such as rosacea, eczema, and acne. Sulphur soap is popular because of it’s ability to decrease inflammation and is not as harsh as other products.
Sulphur comes in 5% and 10% strength formulations. 10% is stronger as it is a higher concentration. Some people may only need a product that contains 5% whereas others may need something stronger if they have more severe skin ailments. This is something to consider before using this soap as too strong of a dose may effect the skin negatively.
Is Sulfur Soap Bad For Your Skin?
Sulfur soap can be beneficial for the skin to help reduce inflammation, clear dead skin cells, and make the skin smooth. There are many skin treatments that contain sulphur such as soaps, creams, and masks.
The first few uses may make your skin red, but that can go away over time. If you have an allergy to sulfur you should not use sulfur on your skin or take it orally.
Also make sure that when using a sulfur soap you choose one that doesn’t contain fragrance as it could exacerbate inflammation.
Also available on Amazon AU.
Do Amazon Customers Like the Keep It Clean Soap?
Most customers use this sulphur soap for rosacea rather than acne. Rosacea is an inflammatory condition in the skin that causes redness or flushing in the cheeks, forehead, nose, and chin. There are studies showing the effectiveness of sulfur for rosacea.
Customers who used Keep It Clean specifically for spots didn’t see many results in terms of clearing them, but they did see a reduction in oily skin.
Other customer reviews mentioned it made their skin too dry which may be expected considering the strength of the sulphur.
Are There Any Other Ingredients Besides Sulfur?
- Sodium Palmate & Sodium Palm KernalteThese ingredients are often found in soaps and are made from palm oil. They strip oil from the skin and may irritate the skin. We are not sure if the palm oil used is sustainably sourced which is worrisome as according the BBC;
Palm oil production is said to have been responsible for about 8% of the world’s deforestation between 1990 and 2008. This is because forests are burned to clear areas where people can grow oil palms – even if it’s illegal.
Shea Butter is another ingredient in the sulfur soap.
- Aqua (Water)
- Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) ButterShea butter is a vegetable fat derived from the fruit of a tree (Butyrospermum Parkii) in Africa. It helps moisturize and has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Tocopheryl AcetateAlso known as Vitamin E acetate. In small doses it is considered safe but in high doses it was found to be a skin irritant. It is used in place of regular vitamin E as it is cheaper and lasts longer in the product.
- GlycerinIncreases moisture in the skin.
- Sodium ChlorideAnother word for table salt. It is an odor eliminator and an antiseptic so it can help clean out dirt from pores and prevent acne.
- Tetrasodium EDTA & Tetrasodium EtidronateBoth are used in soaps to make it lather better and prevents color change & texture. They binds with metals which make the product more stable.
People Also Ask…
- Does Sulfur Lighten Skin?
- Does Sulfur Soap Help Rosacea?
Sulfur can help clear dead skin cells which promotes the generation of new skin cells. This process may help fix skin discoloration.
Rosacea is an anti-inflammatory condition. Sulfur has anti-inflammatory properties which may help reduce redness.
Do Sulfur Pills Help Acne?
Supplement pills containing sulfur such as Blemless are powerful detoxifiers that reduce spots and breakouts. Blemless contains N-Acetyl Cysteine (NAC) which is a natural form of sulfur.
BLEMLESS Skin Clarification Pills
Available on Amazon UK
Reviews of Blemless on Amazon UK are positive in that the product helps spots, cysts, and oily skin. Another bonus is that you may take Blemless and use the Keep It Clean sulfur soap at the same time for even greater results.
If you plan on taking a new product make sure you run it by your doctor if you are unsure of interactions or side effects.
CONCLUSION: Does Sulphur Soap Work?
Keep it clean 10% sulphur soap is one way we can help prevent breakouts. Obviously our diet plays an important role in the prevention of spots and taking supplements can help as well. We recommend a vitamin supplement like Blemless to use along with the sulfur soap.
Available on Amazon UK.