Zhou Dim Active Review- Does DIM Cause Any Side Effects?
Zhou DIM Active is promoted for estrogen metabolism and menopause support. Are the ingredients effective or can they cause side effects?
What are the Benefits of DIM Active?
May Help Healthy Aging and Vitality:
DIM is promoted as hormone-free and is devised to help your body bounce back, boosting power and endurance so that you really feel like your old self. It is also promoted for healthy skin, immune system, and cellular health.
May Help Balance Hormones:
Promoted to balance hormones and antioxidant support.
For Men and Women:
Estrogen is usually associated with women, but having an important ratio of estrogen and testosterone is important for men as well.
Does not contain Bioperine which may cause side effects.
How long does it take for the DIM supplement to work in your body?
Some people can feel the effects within the first few days while others may need some time for it to build up in their system. There could be many reasons for this as people take DIM for different reasons.
For example; there are men who take large amounts of testosterone which converts into estrogen and they may need a larger dose depending on the dose of the testosterone that they take.
Women who take DIM for PCOS or breast cancer may need a larger dose than a women who is taking DIM solely for menstrual symptom support.
What Are The Ingredients Besides DIM?
Along with DIM the supplement contains:
- Activated Broccoli Seed Extract
- Broccoli is a cruciferous vegetable which contains a compound in Idole-3-Carbinol (I3C). It breaks down into DIM when absorbed in the body and is an estrogen blocker.
- Vitamins C & E
- Although vitamin c has been shown in studies to possibly have an interaction with estrogen levels, the 60mg in this product is far from enough to get the positive effects.
- It being an acid also hurts the bioavailability of active ingredients in this stack.
- It may or may not be that vitamin E aids in lowering estrogen as there are very little studies. Vitamin E may help with the absorption of DIM as it is a fat soluble vitamin, but again there is not enough of it to have any effect. Vitamin E is more effective when used topically.
Broccoli, cauliflower, & Brussels sprouts contain I3C.
- We’ve reviewed many DIM supplements including Evolved Organics DIM which are comprised of Bioperine. From our research we discovered it increases the absorption of B-vitamins and a few nutrients.
- Because of this it may or may not increase the intake of DIM. We believe it will not increase absorption of these ingredients and is only a means to sell products.
Does DIM Help Acne?
DIM for acne may actually be beneficial for a lot of people. There are numerous consumers, both men and women, who take DIM for their acne and have success because their breakouts are hormone related.
Many times we try to treat pimples from the outside alone and we overlook the importance of what’s going on inside our body. Most of the time it is our hormones which cause the development of acne and other skin issues.
We recommend Acnetame as the best hormonal acne supplement.
DIM Supplement Reviews
Zhou Nutrition DIM may help some people balance their hormones to clear their skin, improve their energy and mood, as well as manage their weight.
Some customers also purchased this supplement because of the price compared to other competitors. In regards to price we found that Estrohalt is a better choice as it costs less and also has better ingredients.
One Zhou nutrition review mentioned body ache as a side effect. We also read about chills, hives/rash, cystic acne, and migraines.
Other customers who experienced results simultaneously had minor side effects like headaches which is common with DIM supplements. The headaches go away after a week or two of taking it along with increased hydration. Calcium D-Glucarate may be beneficial for some people as well.
How Should DIM Be Taken?
It is suggested to take one capsule daily, preferably with a meal or as directed by your doctor. The downfall with capsules is that they can’t be broken in half if you feel that the DIM dosage is too strong.
Estrohalt is one of the only DIM supplements that are in tablet form and can be broken in half the judge the strength.
Does DIM Active Have Side Effects?
Side Effects of DIM:
- Too high of a dose can cause joint pain, ache, and cracking.
- Hair loss
Side Effects of Bioperine
BioPerine is a form of black pepper which can aggravate the skin as it causes an inflammatory response in the body. It is added in at a low dose and is unlikely to cause issues, but it may occur in people with already sensitive skin.
Where to Buy
The company website, Amazon, Vitamin Shoppe, and other websites where vitamins and supplements are sold. You can buy many other supplements containing DIM on Amazon if you want to compare the ingredients, prices, and reviews. Our top pick for DIM on Amazon is Estrohalt.
You can also buy Estrohalt on Amazon in Australia, the UK, Germany, Italy, France, and Spain,
Conclusion: Is This The Best Dim Supplement?
We don’t think it is the best dim supplement, but it may be worth a try as it does help some people. There are pros and cons to this product which we listed below to help you come to a knowledgeable decision about Zhou Nutrition.
-Gluten, dairy, soy-free.
-Both men & women can take it.
-Capsules can’t be broken in half to judge strength.
-Some ingredients may not be effective.
Our top choice for an estrogen blocker is Estrohalt as it contains quality ingredients, no harmful fillers, and the dose can be tailored to fit your needs.
We would love to hear your experience with estrogen blocker pills in the comments section below.