You can find Vitamedica reviews online, but do the ingredients cause side effects?
What are the Benefits?
The Vitamedica vitamins are promoted to help acne prone skin by removing bacteria and improving collagen production. It may reduce oily skin, relieve skin of redness, and aid in a clear complexion.
Some people are helped by this healthy skin formula supplement as long as they take it consistently. Clear skin formula reviews can be found on their website, Amazon, and Reddit.
Some effects mentioned in these critiques are:
- not seeing results
- upset stomach
- diarrhea, joint pain, hair loss (uncommon)
Some have also said the vitamins are too expensive. We suggest this alternative in Acnetame on Amazon which has over 7400 acne reviews.
What are the Ingredients?
- Bromelain- A natural enzyme derived from the fruit and stem of pineapple that is used in skincare. It is mainly used in skincare products for its exfoliating and tissue-removal properties. We don't know how effective it is when taken in pill form, but it does have anti-inflammatory properties.
- Vitamin A- Because of its ability to reduce wrinkles and other symptoms, it is often used in OTC products and anti-aging products. It is also used in topical treatments to reduce oil production and inflammation.
- Retinyl Palmitate- It is a version of Vitamin A and contains a mix of palmitic acid and retinol.
SEE MORE: Clearstem Acne Supplement Review
- Betatene- Is a version of beta-carotene sourced from algae. Beta-carotene is the pigment that gives vegetables their color and is turns into Vitamin A in the body.
- Vitamin C- It is an important cofactor within our bodies and plays an important role in many enzymatic reactions including the biosynthesis collagen.
- Vitamin E- May be more effective for skin health when applied topically. There aren't many studies showing it's effect on pimples when taken orally. It could be helpful when mega-dosed, but side effects are more likely to occur.
- Zinc- It has antioxidant and collagen enhancing properties. Many people take zinc to treat acne. However, studies have shown that it can increase testosterone, which is an androgen that helps in the development pimples. A study found that 30 mg of zinc daily led to a rise in testosterone levels in men.
- Selenium- Has antioxidant properties that protect our bodies from inflammation and oxidative stress. According to studies, acne sufferers could lack certain antioxidants like Selenium. Another antioxidant called glutathione which depends on selenium is also lower in those who experience breakouts.
- Chromium- It is a mineral that controls blood glucose levels. Did you know that unstable blood sugar may attribute to pimples?
- Oregon Grape Root, burdock root,and dandelion root- These ingredients are made from plants which help detoxify the body. Their main uses are for stomach issues and bowel cleanse. We aren't sure how effective they are for blemishes specifically.
- Yellow Dock Root- It is an herb that has been used historically for skin diseases, psoriasis, and dermatitis.
- MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane)- It is a form of sulfur and may help the regeneration of skin cells. May cause side effects like diarrhea and upset stomach.
- TRAACS Chelated Minerals- A mix of minerals that are chelated meaning it has a higher absorption rate. We are unsure which minerals are chelated as it isn't listed.
SEE MORE: IS KALLISTIA SAFE?
Does it Have Side Effects?
Side effects like upset stomach, hair loss, and joint pain are possible. Individually the ingredients could cause side effects in some people.
It is important to consult your doctor before taking a supplement like this to ensure the ingredients don't interfere with current medications you may be taking.
The most common side effects are increased breakouts and no noticeable changes as per critiques on the company website.
SEE MORE: ALANI BALANCE SIDE EFFECTS
Dosage and How to Take
The instructions say to take 2 vegan capsules daily with food. As there are 60 pills in one bottle it is a 30 day supply.
As each individual is unique the dosage and nutritional requirements may vary for best results.
Side effects like blemishes getting worse before it gets better may occur. Most side effects aren't harmful, but hair loss, joint ache, and headaches have been reported.
Vitamedica Near Me; Where to Buy
You can't find it in stores as it is only available on Amazon and the company website. You may be able to use an available promo code on the website as well as coupons that could be found on Facebook and Linkedin.
What is the price?
- Price on Amazon is $34.94
- Price on Website is $35.00
You can set up a subscription on their website and schedule your deliveries anywhere from monthly to every 4 months. The subscribe & save price is $26.25
Where can it ship?
Only domestic shipping is available and they don't ship internationally to countries such as the UK, Canada, or Mexico.
Other clear skin supplements
They also sell a "plus" formulation which contains the same ingredients, but with Hyaluronic acid added.
Other products they sell include a clinical support pill which helps wound healing, a probiotic, and an anti-aging multivitamin.
Pros & Cons
- Vegan capsule
- Reputable brand
- Contains some acne fighting ingredients
- Expensive for a 30 day supply
- Ingredients may not be effective
- Need to take it for an extended amount of time
CONCLUSION: DOES VITAMEDICA WORK FOR ACNE?
We think it could help some people and may be worth a try. Because it is a capsule and not a tablet the potency of each ingredient may not be as strong.
We also think it may be hard for some to see results within 30 days and will therefore need to buy multiple bottles.
If you are looking for a tablet alternative that contain 60 per bottle, check out the Acne Tame pills. Just look for the red bottle on Amazon or Walmart.