This infographic can help you pick the right acne treatment and show you remedies to ease your skin problems.
What are Over Counter Acne Pills?
OTC acne pills are the ideal solution for anyone who wishes to clear their acne in as few trips as possible and without any consultations.
The best over the counter acne pills include ingredients which use natural supplements and vitamins that are legal to buy from various brands online and in stores.
Examples of supplements for acne include vitamins, minerals, and amino acids.
Vitamins A & B5
Vitamin A is a powerful ingredient in over the counter supplements for skincare. It helps combat acne and even reduces wrinkles and improves skin texture.
Vitamin B5 is also known as pantothenic acid and is especially effective at reducing oily skin when taken at the correct dosage.
Supplements & Minerals
- DIM (diindolylmethane) is found in products like Estrohalt and helps acne because of it's ability to balance hormones like estrogen and testosterone.
- Probiotics are known as "good" bacteria which help our gut health. When breakouts occur on the skin it could be contributed to a lack of probiotics.
- Zinc can be found in many over the counter acne pills because of its ability to reduce inflammation. One disadvantage of zinc is that if taken in high doses it an increase testosterone levels in some people which is the main androgen that causes pimples.
- Omega-3 fatty acids are essential in that we need them for our body to function properly. Taking a fish oil supplement in conjunction with an acne pill like Acne Tame can increase the effectiveness of your results.
- Green tea extract is rich in antioxidants that may help reduces puffiness and redness from pimples. It also has anti-aging and sun protection effects.
Sulfur in forms such as N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine (NAC) or Cysteine is highly effective at detoxing impurities from the body and skin.
How Do Over the Counter Acne Pills Work?
Natural acne pills may help reduce painful inflammation and diminish the redness of spots by targeting the underlying causes of acne. There are several factors that can contribute to acne including hormonal imbalances and bacterial overgrowth. Over-the-counter acne pills typically contain one or more active ingredients that address these issues.
Non prescription pimple tablets help acne by reducing excess oil and inflammation while also positively effecting our hormones so that we are less prone to acne skin breakouts.
People take these oral pills for their body, face, cheeks, chin, forehead, back, chest, arms, legs, and butt (aka buttne or butt acne).
What are Some Examples?
OTC pimple products come in different forms such as tablets, capsules, gummy, and chewable. We have found that acne tablets are superior because of the bioavailability of ingredients.
Be aware that some gummies and chewables may contain sugar which can make acne worse.
Who Will Most Likely Benefit?
Women, men, teens and adults can benefit from natural acne tablets for similar reasons because of fluctuating hormones and lifestyle decisions.
Acne pills also tend to be more effective than topical treatments for moderate to severe acne. Because they work from the inside out they can target the underlying factors that are contributing to your acne rather than just addressing the symptoms on the surface of your skin.
Where to Buy?
It's easy to buy acne pills OTC online including from Amazon. In my opinion the best place to buy them is online because there is a bigger selection and has better prices.
You can also buy pills without a prescription in drugstores, pharmacies, supermarkets and retailers such as Walmart, CVS, Rite Aid, Boots, and Holland and Barrett.
If you look for acne pills on Amazon just look for the red bottle which is Acnetame for best results.
How to Choose the Right Acne Pill for Your Skin Type
What are the Best Brands?
The top acne pills sold on Amazon are by Acnetame, Clearstem and Alani Nu.
- Because it is an Amazon top-rated pill for acne, Acnetame is my number one choice. It is both efficient and offers the best value with Amazon ratings to back it up.
As it is a tablet it can be divided in half or quarters to make it more effective. Many of the brands are capsules that cannot be broken, which is a great benefit for many people.
The Acnetame brand also produces the product Estrohalt which is one of the best dim supplements for its ability to lessen breakouts.
- Clear Stem can balance hormones, detoxify, and regulate oil production. It doesn't have many side effects, but most commonly people didn't see results.
- Alani Nu Balance is popular, but may cause side effects such as estrogen levels being lowered too much and skin purging.
Are there any side effects?
Side effects may occur with any supplement. One may experience more acne or overly dry skin depending on the product you take.
Many times these adverse reactions subside fairly quickly however sometimes acne pills may bring out an underlying issue that needs to be addressed. For this reason face and body acne mapping may help determine health effects.
Although most side effects for acne pills are minor, side effects can range from person to person and we suggest you consult your doctor for additional information.
Conclusion & Final Thoughts
Acne can be a real pain in the butt and there are many different options on the market for acne pills without prescription.
OTC pills can be an effective and convenient solution for those looking to achieve clear, healthy skin. From vitamin A derivatives to zinc supplements to probiotics, there are many different options available to suit different skin types and acne severities.
When choosing an acne pill, be sure to look for specific ingredients that have been proven to be effective for treating acne. My personal opinion is the Acnetame brand as it has the best quality, ingredients, and track record which is why it gets my vote and I think you will be impressed the more you learn about it.
And remember, while acne pills can be effective they are not a substitute for a healthy skincare routine. By following a consistent supplement regimen and taking care of your skin you can say goodbye to frustrating and ineffective topical treatments and hello to a simple, pill-based solution for your acne woes.