Code age supplements reviews are easy to find on Amazon, but do their teen acne vitamins actually work?
What Is Teen Clearface?
Codeage Teen Clearface is an all in one supplement for skin health for adolescents 12 years old to 18 years old.
It is promoted as a whole foods supplement and is comprised of vegan vitamins and omega-3s as well as minerals and probiotics.
- Vitamin A- You can find this vitamin in several over the counter skin products and is sometimes referred to as retinol. Another type of vitamin A is beta-carotene which is easily obtainable by eating colorful vegetables.
- Vitamin C- Contains antioxidants that help rebuild the skin and keep it's elasticity.
- Vitamin D3- Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) is actually the suggested form of Vitamin D to supplement with. This is the type of vitamin D the body makes from the sun's rays. Those who don't get enough of this vitamin whether through supplementation or the sun may see symptoms of depression, scaly and dull skin, and other side effects.
Niacin is also called Vitamin B3 and if taken with different B-vitamins their efficacy is higher.
Vitamin b3 may also cause what's called "Niacin Flush" and the user's skin may turn red and become very itchy and hot. This is temporary but may last for hours and is quite distracting.
Forty-eight subjects were enrolled and 41 were evaluable. There was a significant mean reduction in total lesion count in the pantothenic acid group versus placebo at week 12 (P = 0.0197). Mean reduction in inflammatory lesions was also significantly reduced and DLQI scores were significantly lower at week 12 in the pantothenic acid group versus placebo. The study agent was safe and well tolerated. 
- Iodine- Helps keep skin lubricated and is important for those with dry skin.
- Zinc- Is broadly used in many natural cold remedies due to it's capability to elevate the immune system. Furthermore, it contains other attributes that may help out with skin health.
A deficiency in antioxidants may cause undesirable effects such as persistent exhaustion, inability to concentrate, dull and wrinkled skin, and fat loss.
- Selenium- Another antioxidant which prevents tissues from oxidation and harm. It's best when taken alongside other vitamins for acne prone skin. Breakouts may be helped by supplementation since it may help reduce inflammation.
- Copper- Copper is used in many anti-aging formulas as it helps skin elasticity, fine lines, and wrinkles. It is also essential for skin regeneration.
- Chromium- Helps improve the immune system. An effective immune system guarantees that our body can effectively fight off bacteria, parasites, and germs that can potentially damage your own skin.
- Vegan Omega-3- This is an interesting ingredient as this isn't seen very often within supplements. It is vegan in that it is algae based rather than fish based.
The role of vegan Omega-3 is to provide EPA and DHA which are important fatty acids for reducing inflammation throughout the body and our skin.
As the American diet is low in these essential fats it is imperative especially for teens to obtain these nutrients.
- L-Lysine- It is an amino acid that's essential to our health, however, the human body can not naturally produce it so it's crucial to get it out of supplementation and food.
A whole lot of men and women use Lysine for viral problems like cold sores, however, it's beneficial to our skin since amino acids are the building blocks of protein and nourishment has to help cure our skin.
Alongside other amino acids it may boost collagen production, that will help strengthen skin and protect it in cancerous cells, radicals, and also bacteria, which can ultimately cause breakouts.
- Probiotic blend: L. acidophilus, L. rhamnosus GG, L. casei, L. plantarum, B. bifidum- Without a healthy gut our immune system cannot function at it's highest level. Probiotics help boost our immune system which in turn heals our skin.
- Skin cleanse and Detox blend: L-proline, Organic Chlorella Algae, Spiraling algae powder, Dandelion leaf extract, beetroot powder, Oregon grape root powder, Organic apple fruit powder, Organic cranberry powder, Organic elderberry powder, Organic blueberry powder.
When companies add a lot of ingredients to a supplement stack it's not necessarily a good thing. When you start adding more ingredients you lose the effectiveness of each ingredient because there is only so much you can stuff into a capsule.
We think this is a good blend of ingredients for a multivitamin, but for skin the ingredients are not specific enough for fighting acne.
How To Use
Serving size is 2 capsules and there are 30 servings per container.
As the product name suggests these vitamins and minerals are for teenagers ages 12-18 and can be used by all skin types.
Proceed with caution when taking as it is highly suggested to not exceed the recommend dose.
The Codeage clear face capsules can be opened and poured into a drink or food if necessary.
Acne in teens may become worse. A detoxification effect is common but if skin becomes worse the company recommends to discontinue the product.
Just like multivitamins, a common side effect is brightly colored urine. This is nothing to be worried about.
If you have allergies or are sensitive to any ingredients in the supplement you should be careful and possibly discontinue if reactions occur.
Gastrointestinal discomfort may occur if the dose is exceeded. You should stop taking the vitamins if this happens.
CodeAge Supplement Reviews
There are about 30 reviews on Amazon US in 2021.
We have read that it works for some in that breakouts are smaller and less red.
Other customers did not see results at all which is to be expected as supplements affect everyone differently.
As mentioned previously the ingredients may not be specific enough for some teens for clearing acne.
Many customers take it more for overall health like you would a multivitamin. A positive side effect of multivitamins is clearer skin.
Code Age is a well known brand and sells numerous different products. Some popular ones include:
- Fermented multivitamin for men, women, and teens
- Collagen supplement
- Teeth and gum support
- Code Age Lung
Codeage supplements are available in the UK as well.
Pros & Cons
- Vegan ingredients
- Fairly priced
- Trustworthy company
- May not work in some teens
- Side effects could occur
- Not specific enough for acne
Conclusion: Does Code Age Teen Clearface Work?
Codeage teen vitamins like ClearFace could help clear up pimples and other skin issues.
Although not marketed this way, we do think it could be one of the best multivitamins for teenage growth as it contains a lot of essential ingredients.
Our recommendation for the best teen acne supplement is Acnetame, but we do think the codeage vitamins are worth a shot.