The Acquel acne cream has reviews online, but does it cause side effects?
What Causes Acne?
Acne is an infection under the skin that becomes inflamed by our immune system, hormones, and external factors. Face maps can be helpful in determining what acne reveals about our health.
Benefits of The Product
- Contains antioxidants which may help sooth and cleanse the skin.
- Salicylic acid may reduce pore size and redness.
- Absorbs well into the skin.
- Antiseptic and antibacterial properties may help kill bacteria and control oil production.
- Can be used for all skin types.
- No parabens or fragrance.
SEE MORE: BLEMLESS TABLETS REVIEWS
ACQUEL ACNE TREATMENT Reviews
They have only been selling this product for just under a year and have over 1100 reviews.
This is usually very difficult for a seller to achieve in this timeframe and makes us wonder if the reviews are genuine.
As we write this the product is currently unavailable and we don't know if they will be selling again on Amazon.
They do not ship to Germany or Australia as they don't have a website.
Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Polydimethylsiloxane- These ingredients help trap moisture into the skin.
Propylene Glycol is classified as a skin irritant and could provoke eczema and other skin issues. (1)
Cyclopolydimethylsiloxane- Helps make cosmetics spreadable.
Cetearyl Alcohol- Helps thicken and stabilize cosmetic products. It is not as drying as other types of alcohol.
Simmondsia Chinensis- Also known as Jojoba. Helps with skin issues such as acne, psoriasis, and sunburn.
Squalane- Helps hydrate the skin and contains antioxidants.
Cetearyl Glucoside- also known as VegeMulse. It is an emulsifier derived from plant sugars and fatty acids. (2)
Potassium Sorbate- A chemical additive that may irritate the skin in some people.
Allantoin- An emollient used for dry, itchy skin.
Menthol- Added for flavoring/smell and gives a cooling sensation when applied to the skin. Could help minor irritation, but may also cause eye and skin irritation.
Laureth-7 Citrate- It is a surfactant meaning it helps the product foam up.
Salvia Miltiorrhiza- This ingredient is also known an Danshen and is used in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) for heart health and promoting blood flow.
Danshen is often used to reduce acne, although proper clinical studies are scarce. In one study of 93 people, a pill containing a Danshen extract reduced the lesions by around half after 4 weeks (3).
Hamamelis Virginiana- Also known as Witch Hazel. It is used for drying out the skin and reducing inflammation on the skin.
Salicylic Acid- Also used for drying out the skin, reducing redness, and improves healing time of blemishes.
Scutellaria- Another herb used in TCM for reducing inflammation. This study shows it has potential ant-acne effects.
Other ingredients: Baicalensis Extract, Sophora Angustifolia, Paconia Suffruticosa, Phellodendron Amurense, Rheum Palmatum.
SEE MORE: KALLISTIA ACNE CLEANSER- BAD REVIEWS?
How to Use aquell and Who can Use it?
This product is formulated for all skin types, men, women, and teens.
- Cleanse your skin thoroughly and pat dry. Make sure you have clean hands as well.
- Apply a small amount of the Acquel anti acne cream on the areas of concern in the morning and at nighttime.
- Gently massage the cream into the affected area.
You could apply the acne treatment up 6 times a day. Those with more severe acne may want to apply it 4-6 times a day.
Important things to note:
- For external use only.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Do a patch test before your first use.
- Keep out of direct sunlight.
- Keep away from the eyes. If you get it in your eyes, rinse thoroughly with water.
- Do not apply to areas with other skin conditions such as open wounds, eczema, or psoriasis.
- Do not use with dots for spots ingredients because they won't stick.
Are There Any Side Effects?
Some of these ingredients may interact with other medications and could cause nausea, dizziness, itching, and burning of the skin. It is important to consult your doctor as they have a deeper understanding of your medical history.
Pros & Cons
- Contains ingredients which could help dry out the skin
- Contains antioxidants
- May be used by all skin types
- Only masks acne symptoms and doesn't fix the underlying problem
- Could irritate the skin
- May need to apply multiple times a day
Conclusion: Does the Product Work?
We have to tackle our breakouts both internally and externally to decrease the number of breakouts on our body and face.
Using only a topical treatment won't deliver the best outcomes possible as an all around healthful lifestyle is imperative to have the very best potential skin.
Adding supplements into your skin care regimen with a doctor's permission can be beneficial. We recommend Blemless if you want clear skin because it contains simple, natural ingredients such as vitamins, minerals, and one amino acid to help combat spots from the inside out.